What is Christmas without a lovely leg of ham, all fragrant with a golden glaze?
Try this recipe from Australian Pork
Spiced honey and orange glazed ham
4.5 - 5kg leg of Australian ham
¾ cup orange juice
½ tsp nutmeg
1 cup honey
1 cup orange marmalade, sieved
¼ cup Grand Marnier or whisky
60 cloves to stud ham
1. Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove the rind (skin from the ham) carefully to expose the fat.
3. Score the fat into diamonds and stud the ham with cloves.
4. Combine the orange juice, nutmeg, honey, orange marmalade and grand marnier into a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until ingredients have dissolved and continue to simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
5. Place ham into a large baking dish and brush with the glaze.
6. Bake ham in the pre-heated oven at 170°C for 1 hour, basting frequently.
7. Serve hot with festive roasted vegetables and red currants.
Note: mustard or chopped herbs may also be added to the glaze for Christmas.